Mechanical Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. Program enrollment and graduation statistics are available here.
Graduates have the knowledge and skills necessary to function as a design technician or closely related position in industry.
Graduates have the knowledge and skills necessary to transfer into a baccalaureate degree program.
- Use mathematical and scientific skills to analyze product properties including form, function, fit, strength, thermal, fluid, etc.
- Recognize professional ethical and societal responsibilities, respect diversity and demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning.
- Design in detail individual parts from functional sketches provided by an engineer, and model them using a three-dimensional parametric modeler. (i.e. 3-D CAD).
- As an interdisciplinary team member, develop products, processes, solve problems, perform project planning, prepare time estimates and make sound, ethical decisions.
- Communicate effectively orally, in writing and graphically on an inderdisciplinary team as a design technician using appropriate tools.
- Document the product/process model using appropriate means (multi-view drawings, pictorials, catalog/manual illustrations, charts/graphs, shaded image, animation, etc.).
The Engineering Technology Design Department also includes the following areas: