Course Schedule for Architectural Technology - AAS (69 Credit Hours)
The Associate of Applied Science in Architectural Technology program features courses in architectural construction, architectural drafting, estimating, mechanics of materials, design of reinforced concrete, and fire prevention fundamentals, to name a few. Additional course work includes interpersonal communications, technical communications, and electives.
What are the primary software applications featured in the Architectural Technology program?
- AutoCAD, Latest Release
- Revit Architectural Latest Release
- Demonstrate skills sufficient to solve technical problems related to the field of architecture.
- Describe the architectural design process.
- Produce a complete set of working drawings for both a single family home and a commercial building.
- Recognize professional, ethical and societal responsibilities, respect diversity and commit to life-long learning.
- Communicate effectively and professionally through proper use of oral, written and graphic techniques.
- Know building materials, components, mechanical systems and methods of construction for both residential and commercial buildings.
- Assist in the management of construction projects with emphasis on safety, quality and teamwork.