1. A student with a HS major will be required to take the TEAS as a prerequisite to
being admitted to a HS porgram. The exam must be taken after all developmental
courses and one biology prerequisite have been completed, and prior to starting any
restricted program courses.
Students will be informed in their initial advising appointment about the TEAS exam
requirement. The student will be advised of the following information:
- Complete all DEV coursework if applicable
- Complete one BIO prerequisite
- Take TEAS (or confirm eligibility for waiver)
Students with a Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in any discipline or an
Associate's degree in a healthcare program (excluding the Health Sciences degree)
from an accredited institution will not be required to take the TEAS. If the student
has taken the TEAS V at another institution within the previous five years, these
results may be used.
2. Students must meet with an Academic Advisor PRIOR TO REGISTERING FOR
THE TEAS EXAM, to be deemed eligible to take the test.
3. Information regarding the TEAS can also be found on the HS website, as well as
on the HS departments' websites.
4. Students may register, schedule and pay ($55.00) for the TEAS by going online to:
http://www.atitesting.com. Students must be prepared to provide payment online
via credit card when they register for the TEAS exam (prepaid cards may be used).
NOTE: There are no refunds if a student schedules to take the exam when not
eligible, reschedules or does not show for the test.
5. The TEAS exam is offered by Sinclair only at the Dayton campus. Instructions for
taking TEAS at the Sinclair Testing Center will be provided to the students.
NOTE: Five copies of the Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills
are housed on reserve in the SInclair Library for student use.
6. Students may take the TEAS no more than two times in a calendar year
(January 1 - December 31).
7. Students are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss their results,
as well as the opportunities available for remediation.
8. Students will not be permitted to enter their program of interest, or be put on the
program eligibility list, until the TEAS requirement is completed.
Students seeking additional information should contact an Academic Advisor at 937/512-3700 or calling the department office of the program they are applying to enter.