Eligibility & Audit Period
Audits take place at the end of spring semester for any student who has completed the program prerequisites. Admissions occur from those being audited. There is one class of 28 students beginning the program each fall on the main campus and 22 students beginning each fall at the Courseview Campus. The length of time between entering Sinclair, completing the prerequisites, and entering the program, is dependent on each student's choice of when and how often to take classes and their audit standing.
We will meet with you any time you have questions and review your progress toward admission.
In order to prepare for the program, please consider these suggestions:
- Working full-time will take time management skills to allow for adequate study time. Plan on decreasing your work requirements to no more than 15 hours per week on a very flexible schedule, once you are in the program.
- Meet with LHS counselors or program faculty frequently to answer your questions and assist with planning for admission.
- Concentrate on completing all the prerequisite courses first. Take PTA 1106 to ensure you understand the profession, the program requirements and the scope of practice available to graduates of the program.
- Keep your contact information up to date in the college database to assure you can be reached if necessary by the program staff or faculty.
- If you are interested in becoming a physical therapist, please meet with the program chairperson regarding additional coursework required to complete a Bachelor of Science degree and apply for graduate school to complete the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree.