Since 1969, more than 4,000 students have graduated from the Sinclair Associate Degree Nursing program. Due to the high quality and excellent reputation of the program, Sinclair Community College Nursing graduates continue to enjoy successful nursing careers. The Nursing Program also offers advanced placement for Licensed Practical Nurses. The LPN to RN transition course is offered on the main campus and at the Miami Valley Career Technology Center.
Nursing is a challenging and satisfying profession where one person can make a difference in the lives of others. This six semester program prepares registered nurses who will provide nursing care in a competent, caring manner.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
An entry-level graduate with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing from Sinclair Community College will be able to:
1. Acknowledge the influence of diversity on patients, families, and members of the
health care team.
2. Demonstrate caring behaviors in providing patient-centered nursing care.
3. Apply best current evidence and critical thinking to the steps of the nursing process
to make clinical judgments related to nursing care.
4. Implement nursing care that promotes balance in human responses to actual or
potential health problems.
5. Demonstrate safe performance of required nursing skills within cognitive, affective
and psychomotor domains.
6. Apply principles of effective and therapeutic communication with patients, families,
and members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
7. Implement teaching which is effective in promoting health or preventing illness.
8. Plan and deliver nursing care to a group of patients in collaboration with other
registered nurses and the interdisciplinary team.
9. Assume responsibility and accountability for meeting ethical, legal and quality
standards of the profession.
10. Demonstrate use of technology to access and manage information for safe and
The Sinclair Community College Associate Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, 3343 Peachtree Road, NE Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000, and holds full approval by the State of Ohio Board of Nursing.