Supreme Court justices are products of their times; the Court does not decide policies outside of history. Whether or not a Court is active or restrained the extent to which it effects or reflects change is shaped by the historical era in which the justices render their decisions. This tabletop activity gives you the change to analyze how the Court's race relations decisions have reflected American racial attitudes in various historical periods.
Please select the Article link to read the assigned material. Then select the Activity link for the questionnaire and complete the activity in a Word document according to the following instructions:
- Create a new document in Word and Save As (the complete name of the Activity.)
- At the top of the page type your full name, your course number and section, and your instructor's name.
- Type in the questions from the questionnaire along with your answers, and Save.
- Open a new Mail Message in e-mail.
- In the Subject line type in the complete name of the Activity. In the body of the e-mail type your full name, your course number and section, and your instructor's name.
- Insert the file as an attachment and send to email@example.com
Please send one (1) activity per email and be sure to include all requested information to receive credit for this activity.