Scientific inquiry is not limited; scientists can investigate any phenomena or theory they choose as long as they can fund the study and publish it themselves. However, critics claim that those who decide which studies to publish and which to fund are positioned to censor that scientific truth. Read this article to decide for yourself if censorship exists in the scientific community.
All materials for this activity are in PDF version and you will need the Adobe Reader to view the material. Click here if you have to download the Adobe Reader.
Please select the Article link to read the assigned material. Then select the Activity link for the questionnaire and complete the activity in a Word document according to the following instructions:
- Create a new document in Word and Save As (the complete name of the Activity.)
- At the top of the page type your full name, your course number and section, and your instructor's name.
- Type in the questions from the questionnaire along with your answers, and Save.
- Open a new Mail Message in e-mail.
- In the Subject line type in the complete name of the Activity. In the body of the e-mail type your full name, your course number and section, and your instructor's name.
- Insert the file as an attachment and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send one (1) activity per email and be sure to include all requested information to receive credit for this activity.