The Dayton Association for Young Children is pleased to announce the availability of a scholarship for students in the field of Early Childhood Education.
The Clara McGlone Scholarship was established to recognize Dr. Clara McGlone (1937-1984) for her professionalism in Early Childhood Educating, her community service, and her dedication to the Sinclair Community College Child and Family Education Department. This scholarship reflects the purpose of the Dayton Association for Young Children, which is to “serve and act charitably and educationally on the behalf of the needs, rights, and well-being of all children with special emphasis on educational and developmental services and resources.”
Applications are considered on the basis of:
- Academic achievement
- Student must have completed at least 18 credit hours.
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Involvement in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Student must have active involvement with young children in either community service or work experience
- A letter of recommendation from an ECE faculty member or from an ECE professional associated with the applicant.
Scholarship applications and deadline information are available from the Sinclair Community College Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.