Transfer Opportunities

There are a number of transfer opportunities available to you as you pursue an associate degree program in the Fine & Performing Arts Division. These are often called "university parallel" programs. This simply means that you can take the equivalent of the first two years of a four-year degree at Sinclair and then transfer these credits to a four-year institution. Ultimately, a bachelor's degree is earned and awarded in the discipline chosen by the student.

These university parallel programs include:

Additionally, the  Ohio Transfer Module (OTM) is another venue that you can pursue should you wish to only complete the general education requirements (54-60 total credit hours) and apply them toward a four-year degree at any state-funded school in Ohio. To learn more of the specific details, please contact one of the academic counselors in the Fine & Performing Arts to review these course requirements and learn how they can support your educational goal as a transfer student to another institution.

Over the years we have developed "articulation agreements" with various institutions of higher education to provide a smoother transition in the transfer process for our students. These agreements are in place to ensure that transfer course equivalencies and acceptance of transfer credits are honored by the receiving institution. As new articulation agreements with other four-year institutions are established, they are added to this site.

Please select the program below to see how you can earn an associate degree with full course transfer to the following schools:

Art Academy of Cincinnati

  • Art
  • Visual Communications

Wright State University

University of Dayton

It may be helpful to review this site periodically for program and/or new school updates. Or, you may want to discuss a school of particular interest with a Fine & Performing Arts academic counselor. We welcome further dialogue to ensure that your educational goals and transfer options are met at an early stage of your college career at Sinclair.

NOTE: There is a free, web-based site available 24/7 called the Course Applicability System (CAS). It contains academic information for your preferred transfer institution, course descriptions, course equivalency guides, etc. Go to and see how Sinclair credits can transfer to your future institution and work to your benefit!