Global Scholars Path
The Honors Program is happy to announce an addition to its program. Students will now have the option to take the Global Scholars Path. This is similar to the Honors Scholars Path but it focuses on Global Studies Certificate Program. Students choosing to take the Global Scholars Path are still eligible to participate in the Honors Scholars Path.
Students must complete an application packet if they are interested in becoming part of this program.
Global Scholars Application Packet (Applications can also be picked up from the Honors Program Office - 10339)
Below you will find the details for this new option.
- Housed within: Honors Program
- Program Entry
- Application must be filled out in completion and all materials must be submitted prior to acceptance
- Cumulative 3.25 or higher
- High School GPA 3.25 if the student has not earned college credit
- Special referral from Kathy Rowell
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Interview with Honors Program Directors and/or Honors Council/Global Scholars Faculty
- Complete four courses for Honors credit. Two of the four must be from the list of courses required in the Global Studies Certificate. See website: https://www.sinclair.edu/program/params/programCode/GSC-S-STC/. Honors/Global Scholars work submitted in those courses will be part of the Global Scholars Portfolio.
- Complete four Honors experiences. At least two should reflect an international or cultural experience. Write a reflection for each of the experiences.
- Complete an approved service learning project or study abroad.
- Submit an ePortfolio with above materials.
- Final interview with portfolio presentation to Honors Directors and/or Honors Council/Global Scholars Faculty.
- Points of Contact