TEAS Exam Policy and Procedures
- Students will be required to take the TEAS exam after all developmental courses have been completed, and prior to starting any limited enrollment/restricted program courses. Based on your program of study, your academic advisor may suggest taking some coursework such as math or science prior to taking the TEAS exam.
Students will be informed in their initial advising appointment about the TEAS exam requirement. The student will be advised of the following information:
Complete all DEV coursework if applicable
Take TEAS (or confirm eligibility for waiver)
Students with a Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in any discipline or an Associate's degree in a healthcare program (excluding the Health Science degree) from a regionally accredited institution will not be required to take the TEAS. If the student has taken the TEAS V at another institution within the previous five years, these results may be used.
- Students must meet with an Academic Advisor PRIOR TO REGISTERING FOR THE TEAS EXAM, to be deemed eligible to take the test.
- Information regarding the TEAS can also be found on the HS website, as well as on the HS departments' websites.
- The TEAS exam is administered at two Sinclair locations (Dayton and Courseview). Information can be found at the Sinclair Testing Center website: http://www.sinclair.edu/enroll/new-student-center/testing/.
NOTE: Five copies of the Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills are housed on reserve in the Sinclair Library for student use. A study guide is also available for purchase on the ATI website: http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/TEAS-Products.aspx
- Students are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss their results, as well as the opportunities available for remediation.
- Students will not be permitted to enter their program of interest, or be put on the program eligibility list, until the TEAS requirement is completed.
Students seeking additional information should contact an Academic Advisor at 937-512-3700 or by calling the department office of the program they are applying to enter.