Sinclair Community College's EMS department, in consultation with the CareFlight Program at Miami Valley Hospital, has created a critical care paramedic program to ensure today's paramedics are ready. Must be a paramedic to take these two courses.
- EMS 2300 Critical Care Paramedic I in Fall Semester
- EMS 2305 Critical Care Paramedic II in Spring Semester
- These courses will count toward an EMS Associate degree
- Courses are constructed with considerations for those on platoon scheduling
Who should take the course? Those who wish to....
- Work within a helicopter EMS service
- Have adequate knowledge to manage critical care transports
- Improve the quality of EMS care they provide their patients
- Text used -Critical Care Transport by AAOS (ISBN 978-0-7637-1223-5)
- Observational clinical time is conducted at Miami Valley Hospital
- Faculty who teach are Nationally Certified Critical Care Paramedics
- Pre-requisite- Paramedic licensure
- Cost: In-Montgomery County total tuition for 2 courses: In-county $595/ In-State $880
- Certificate of Completion and eligible for Continuing Education credit.
What will you learn?
- Advanced Patient Assessment
- Ventilator Management
- Critical Care Pharmacology
- Trauma Management
- Much more!
Contact the EMS department at 937-512-5338 or e-mail email@example.com