BUSINESS & PUBLIC SERVICES
What is a Career Program Degree?
- Career programs are also called "technical" degree programs
- Designed to help students secure a job, or advance in current job or learn new knowledge/skills.
- A student can earn an Associate of Applied Science degree upon completion.
- Students begin taking courses immediately in the business program major area (Exception: exclude special admission Paralegal program).
- Students apply classroom theories in modern laboratories that simulate the business environment.
- Career programs provide internship opportunities that provide on-the-job experiences as well as serve to meet degree requirements.
- Courses will transfer to a four-year institution but students should contact the school to which they plan to transfer to verify the application of their course credits and secure written verification of course/degree application.
- Many four-year institutions now offer Bachelor's degree completion opportunities.
Consult a Business and Public Services Division academic advisor for more details.