Web Systems is responsible for managing design, development, maintenance and overall architecture of institutional Websites and web-based applications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Defines and communicates a strategic approach to the Internet and Intranet with regards to the functionality and connectivity of the faculty/student needs and the business needs.
· Architects and leads web based application development projects to meet specific constituent needs.
· Manages department staff and resources to meet the goals of department, division, and college.
· Manages the design, development, and maintenance of the infrastructure required for effective delivery of all Web applications. Ensures optimum performance, scalability, and usability with solid architectural standards.
· Leads the web application planning process, ensuring product design is clearly defined and specific functionalities are included.
· Works with faculty, staff, and the development team in order to establish, create, promote, and enforce web architectural guidelines.
· Coordinates the research and analysis of Website and Web based application utilization and the development of strategies to maximize the effectiveness of all web-based offerings.
· Creates and maintains detailed, architectural design specification documents for the web sites and web based applications.
· Collaborates with Network Operations staff to ensure proper Internet and intranet connectivity and architecture.
· Translates complex business needs and problems into innovative technical solutions. Gathers accurate application and web site requirements and architects new systems to meet those needs.
· Establishes standards for reusable software components in order to create architecture that is scalable and flexible for future growth.
· Understand new technologies and how they could be used to enhance the college’s web sites, web applications, or improve other college functions.