Service Learning Projects
Before selecting a service learning project, please review the following information:
- Visually identify several projects in the data base and contact the agencies to confirm course requirements, time schedule, geographic location, etc. about the project. Be persistent, letting the agency know you are considering other agencies for your Service Learning project/activity. Give them your timeline and how best to contact you.
- Make arrangements for your project/activity by end of second week in the term.
- Once you confirmed the project location, etc will meet your course assignment, Click on Select box next to the project/activity.
- Read, complete and submit the electronic Student Agreement.
- Contact the agency person listed for the project in the Data Base, by phone or email, to set up an orientation
To search for Service Learning projects/activities click here
Want to add course related Service Learning to your Portfolio?
- Print and take to the agency, a copy of the Project Confirmation form and Hour Log/ Evaluation form.
- Keep track of your hours and have agency project contact person confirm these.
- End of Service Learning, request agency contact person to complete the Evaluation Form.
- Keep originals of these forms for your portfolio and, if required,hand in copies to course faculty.
Can’t find a Service Learning project/activity in the Data Base?
- Contact agencies to find out what other needs they have and the details.
- Contact agencies in your home community for project.
- Have project approved by your course faculty.
- Print and complete Student Agreement form.
- Print and take with you Confirmation Form. Once completed, hand in to your course faculty
By using the Advanced Search option you can find Service Learning opportunities by on-campus, off-campus or within walking distance of the Sinclair Campus.
We hope your Service Learning project or activity provides you with many learning opportunities.
Students, faculty, staff, and community partners are encouraged to contact David Bodary, with suggestions for Service Learning sites and projects at firstname.lastname@example.org