The Network Operations Center (N.O.C.) is responsible for monitoring, alerting, and acting upon incidents that may potentially impact infrastructure, application, and business process availability and performance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Utilizing HP Operations Manager and Network Node Manager to monitor and maintain all of the college's servers along with all network equipment including routers, switches, and wireless access points.
- Schedule, modify, and monitor the backups of the 20 terabytes of disk storage across 160+ UNIX, Windows, and Linux servers.
- Maintain downtime information database for all of Sinclair's servers, services, and network equipment.
- Uphold a strong production environment by maintaining a secure and stable server room.
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure a high level of service.
- Coordinate and maintain the Business Continuity Plan reviewing all changes in hardware, software, and network components and adjusting the plan accordingly. Test the Business Continuity Plan annually to ensure the readiness of the plan so it is implemented in the most effective manner to minimize downtime.