Transferring to Wright State University?

Because of an articulation agreement with the Wright State University Honors Program, Sinclair Honors Scholars in good standing who transfer there are accepted as members of that program. They are also eligible for transfer scholarships.


Click here for the Wright State Honors Program


Getting a scholarship from the WSU program can be a bit tricky. A number of Sinclair students have already done so, but you need to know the requirements and restrictions. Most important, you should contact the WSU office about starting the process in the FALL or SPRING SEMESTER before you plan to transfer. Click here to view the Wright State University scholarship program information page.


There are two types of Transfer Scholarships at WSU:

  • The Transfer Associate Degree Scholarship (applications must be submitted by June 15, 2004) comes in two varieties:
    1. the Rike Community College Transfer Scholarship ($2000, renewable for two years) requires a 3.5 GPA and an Associate Degree but does not require you to be in the Honors Program at either WSU or Sinclair.
    2. The Transfer Honors Scholarship ($2500, renewable for two years) requires a GPA of 3.5 and an Associate Degree, but you must also have successfully completed an honors program at a community college.
  • The second type of scholarship is the Transfer Competitive Scholarship (applications must be submitted by February 15, 2004). Again there are two varieties:
    1. the Transfer Competitive Scholarship itself ($2000 renewable) requires a 3.5 GPA, and you must enroll full-time beginning in Fall Quarter.
    2. The Phi Theta Kappa Competitive Scholarship ($1500 renewable) is for Phi Theta Kappa members who have a 3.5 GPA plus 36 transferable quarter hours from a community college. You must enroll full-time in Fall Quarter.


And here's the catch: you can receive only ONE transfer or Honors scholarship. The only exception is the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship. That is, among all the scholarships mentioned above, you can receive only one, unless you also apply for the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship. Of course, you may also be eligible for other scholarships that are neither "honors" nor "transfer," such as the Academic Performance, Talent, and Miscellaneous scholarships. If you know you will transfer to WSU, you should go to the Financial Aid office there the winter BEFORE you transfer. Honors Scholarships are handled by Catherine Bussen. You can e-mail her or phone her at 775-5726 more more information.