Administrative Systems is responsible for software design, development, maintenance, and overall architecture of the institutional business systems to help create the vision that defines the direction required to ensure administrative systems continue to meet the growing needs of the college.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creates vision and leads direction for the strategic approach to business systems with regards to the functionality and connectivity of the faculty/student needs and the business needs.
- Responsible for research and development of new technologies that will support the college’s strategic initiatives.
- Manages Information Technology centric complex projects that have campus-wide impact. This covers all aspect of the project management lifecycle.
- Establishes test and implementation plans in accordance with established standards and coordinates all phases of testing from unit test to end-user acceptance testing.
- Analyzes test results to correct or direct correction of coded programs.
- Revises or directs revision of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Compiles documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
- Prescribes standards for terms and symbols used to simplify interpretation of programs.
- Prepares comprehensive project plans and project status reports for management.
- Assigns, coordinates, and reviews work of systems and programming personnel.